Cúrate was born out of love and Spain, and that’s what this package is all about. The decadent marriage of pluma Ibérica and gambas de Palamós is the epitome of romance. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, this is a simple preparation of the best ingredients, and it will leave your loved one ultimately satisfied. Plenty for 2, the package includes easy instructions, so pour a glass of wine and pull up a stool for your honey – the magic is about to happen!
- Gambas de Palamós are considered a jewel of the Mediterranean. The shrimp is so special that it has its own unique certification: Palamós. At the Lonja de Palamós fish market, every shrimp item is rigorously examined before the certified product label is applied. (Each order comes with approximately 8 shrimp.)
- Pluma Ibérica is one of the finest cuts from the best pigs in the world – you’ve never had pork like this! Cinco Jotas’ 100% Ibérico de Bellota pigs are acorn-fed and free-range to create a world-famous tender, nutty, and juicy flavor. Marbled with healthy fat, the “pluma” or feather cut comes from the area between the neck and the shoulder, at the end of the loin.
- Fragrant and rich, black truffle butter elevates dishes to a new height. A dab of this Wisconsin butter combined with European black truffles melting slowly over seared Pluma Ibérica is enough to make a foodie salivate.
- Flor de sal is a crunchy finishing salt from Spain, perfect to bring out the flavor of the Mediterranean characteristic of Gambas de Palamós.
- Rabitos Royale are premium milk chocolate-drenched figs, the perfect sweet bite to end your Valentine’s evening (4 pieces).
Cúrate con Amor Valentine’s Experience
Cúrate was born out of love and Spain, and that’s what this limited edition package is all about. The decadent marriage of pluma Ibérica and gambas de Palamós is the epitome of romance. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, this is a simple preparation of the best ingredients, and it will leave your loved one ultimately satisfied. Plenty for 2, the package includes easy instructions, so pour a glass of wine and pull up a stool for that special someone – the magic is about to happen!
Serves 2. Cooking instructions and serving suggestions included. View Description below for more details.
This package contains frozen food and requires overnight shipping, however the Valentine’s shipping deadline has passed. Orders will ship during the next business week.
- Thaw the Pluma Ibérica and Gambas de Palamós completely
- Liberally salt both sides of the steak
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat
- Add a light coating of high-heat oil, like avocado or grapeseed, into the pan
- Lay the pluma gently into the hot pan. It should sizzle loudly
- Sear for 2 minutes or until golden brown on each side, then turn heat down to medium and add 2 Tablespoons of truffle butter, plus a spring of thyme and clove of garlic in the skin, if you have them
- Allow butter to melt, and baste each side of the steak for 1 additional minute
- Remove from pan and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes
- While resting, pour out half of the butter and place the pan back over medium-high heat
- Gently add in the prawns, with shells and heads on. Make sure the pan is not crowded
- Sear the prawns on each side for 1-2 minutes, or until just cooked through
- Finish with crunchy sea salt and more truffle butter
Keep in mind:
- Make sure that the pan is hot! Both items cook quickly, and need a good sear to optimize the flavor. If desired, this meal can also be prepared over a very hot grill.
- Pluma is typically cooked to medium rare or medium. Enjoy it as you would a steak, with an internal temperature of 135-145°
- Serve the prawns whole, and be sure to suck the juices from the head as they do in Spain – it’s immensely flavorful!